Aluminum has a variety of excellent properties, so aluminum has a very wide range of uses.
(1) aluminum density is very small, only 2.7 g / cm3, although it is relatively soft, but can be made of various aluminum alloys, such as hard aluminum, super hard aluminum; rust aluminum, cast aluminum, etc. These aluminum alloy Used in aircraft, automobile, train, shipbuilding and other manufacturing industries.In addition, the universe rocket, space shuttle, satellites also use a lot of aluminum and its alloys.For example, a supersonic aircraft by about 70% of aluminum and its alloys. Ship construction is also a lot of use of aluminum, a large passenger ship with aluminum often up to several thousand tons.
(2) aluminum conductivity after silver, copper, although its conductivity is only copper 2/3, but the density of copper only 1/3, so the same amount of electricity, the quality of aluminum wire only Half of the aluminum surface of the oxide film is not only the ability to resist corrosion, but also a certain insulation, so aluminum in the electrical manufacturing industry, wire and cable industry and the radio industry has a wide range of uses.
(3) aluminum is a good conductor of heat, its thermal conductivity than iron 3 times, the industry can use aluminum to create a variety of heat exchangers, heat sinks and cooking utensils.
(4) aluminum has good ductility (its ductility after gold and silver), at 100 150 ℃ can be made in thinner than 0.01 mm aluminum foil, these aluminum foil is widely used in packaging cigarettes, candy, etc., also Can be made of aluminum wire, aluminum, and can roll all kinds of aluminum products.
(5) the surface of aluminum due to a dense oxide protective film, not susceptible to corrosion, often used to make chemical reactors, medical equipment, refrigeration devices, oil and gas pipelines.
(6) aluminum powder with silver and white luster (the general metal in the powder when the color is mostly black), commonly used to do paint, commonly known as silver, silver paint, to protect the iron products are not corrosive, and beautiful.